tiffelijah

Friday, October 9, 2015

it will be owl right



It will be owl right, I know because I'm alright, I cant tell you how many nights I thought that was the end of me, how many nights I screamed in fear for my babies . I watched my baby girl get punched in the face at two and yet i was so battered and weak I couldn't even get up to defend her. I will never live it down and I will never forgive myself for letting them live in such terror. I see fear in there eyes everyday and I cant take that away.
I remember so many nights hiding in a dark room with the only money we had to survive and he wanted it. Like a demon straight from hell he started pounding down the door to eventually push a dresser, mattress and solid wood bunk bed and myself through a huge hole in the door. all for a check. Never once thinking of the screaming children in the room. The years before we had cell phones and couldn't help yourself if you tried........'.

8 comments:

  1. Love your card...owls are my favorite...thanks you for sharing your story so openly....it's sure to give someone strength that they need.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so adorable! Love that image. Thank you so much for sharing this story and glad things are better for you know. It's a horrible thing to have to go through in life, yet so many do. Hugs! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So terrifying to live through that abuse. I am so glad you are away from it now, but I know it changes who you are as a person. I hope your kids will be okay. Your owl card is adorable - I like the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is so touching! I'm so glad it's behind you now. I am going to say a little prayer for you and your babies tonight!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely adorable, Dawn! Reading through bits of your story sends chills. I'm sorry for what you went through and am happy you're in a happy, healthy relationship now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your presentation of your cards with a pun beginning....and then the 3 pictures like a sneak peak of a bit more in each one....and finally your Awesome card!

    Thank you too for sharing bits of your story. Sounds like you had horrible times in earlier days but things have gotten better. Here's to you continuing on with strength and knowledge that there are many brighter and healthy times ahead for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that owl with the bird sitting on it's head! This is super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card, so sorry you had to go through all you did.

    ReplyDelete