tiffelijah

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

the moment i found my mother

Hop to Stop
I know you are expecting to see a card, but I really wanted to close of this hop with something inspiring and heartfelt. So a journal page it is!

 Domestic Violence doesn't only affect you and your intermediate family in the home, It affects everyone around you. I would like you to meet my heart, my pride, m joy and my inspiration. This is my mother. Her name is Karen. She was born in 1957. She was in and out of DV stepfather relationships including that of a mother who was held at gun point. She had four or five stepfathers and at least two of them were violent with her and her sisters and brothers.
 She was then later forced out of her home at 17 to either marry her boyfriend or go to juvenille hall, not because she was trouble but because she wasnt wanted in her home anymore. She married a man that she had been dating awhile and he also turned out to be controlling and dangerous. She adventually new she wasn't strong enough to fight this battle alone. She reached out to the wonderful friends she had and adventually she meet my dad, he helped her move out and get a divorce. It wasn't
 perfect or ideal but she was safe. They were in there early twenties. My parents remained married until death. They didn't have a perfect relationship by any means but they loved each other and they loved us. You see they had twins within the first year of marriage.
 Adventually we grew up and moved out, I met a man and we also adventually got married. He was sweet charming and then  the day came, he was violent. Severally violent. I was so afraid of him but lost. I lived by my parents but I couldn't get the help I needed to get out because they were both ill.
 I spent years hiding it and never tell anyone, hiding in my house for weeks at a time so no one would see my face before it healed just to turn around and do it again. Then one day my paernts became homeless and I had no choice but to allow them to move in with me, in hopes that he would at least behave with them there. That didn't last long... It was only a matter of days before he was back at it. He even punched my dad in the face but my dad was so scared he didnt do anything. He is very non confrontational. So over time, my mother got sicker and remembered less. She started to see weird people and talked in the third person a lot. It was affecting her already ill mind and causing it to get worse. She forgot who I was most the time and locked herself in her room. I would have to take the door off to get her out. My dad was at the time a full blown alcholic. He was loving but had demons of his own to overcome.
 On day they told me they were going california and I said okay. I was moving away from him that day and got my own apartment. They came to say goodbye, they walked in to Him chocking me on the couch half way in the door way. my dad and mom ran, they were so afraid they called the cops at the neighbors and left. I didn't see them again. I was completely abandoned and alone with four toddlers.
 two years went by  and i finaly got away. I moved to washington from florida by the grace of God. I left with 300 dollars and I never looked back. I never begged or even showed anyone that I was afraid or lost. I just walked in places like gas stations and the person at the counter said, hey our pastor just came in and decided to pay for your gas and get you some food??? It was so crazy and so powerful. I was being reminded the whole trip I wasnt really alone.
I made it there in 14 days.

 Sooner or later I started to try and find my parents not knowing anything about there where abouts. I met my husband know in the middle of that time and he helped me find my mom. I found her in a horrible state care were she was being neglected on every level. I flew immediately to florida where I found her and picked her up. I had to carry her on every flight. A six foot tall women and she was unable to walk anymore. She yelled my name when she saw me, that meant the world to me. she didn't remember me again after that day.
She is still alive to this day. I take care of her and my husband is the best man she could have ever had in her life, other then my dad. He loves her and she lights up every time he walks in the room. She know has spent seven years with us and watching life unfold in a good way. We pray with her and love her. She laughs and cries but doesn't know our names. She has had this happen to her because of tramatic experiences. PTSD can cause deadly illnesses and loss of memory,a way for the body to forget and protect itself from harm.
 I wish I could take it all back and have just one moment with her, doing crafts, she was an incredible artist and friend. A trip to the coffee shop though she hated coffee!!!! Shopping and a good laugh!

You see all people are affected by DV. It hurts everyone for generations to come. My other grandmother on my fathers side lost her mother IN HER EARLY TWENTIES TOO. She was murdered by her husband. He also killed himself.I cant tell you more because I don't know. It has never been disguised by anyone, I found the info online this year. I have never had any family past my grandparents on both sides. I had a empty family tree in school and couldn't even explain it.  I have no family and my father has been gone for five months from depression something that plagued him for many years. It follows down the line and will continue to do so until we put a stop to it.
Never judge a book by its cover, you have no ideal what it entails on the inside.

I was one of the lucky ones, I found my Mom and my Dad, I toke care of them both in the end and showed them love. I found my best friend who has loved them and me and my beautiful girls unconditionally without judgement or conditions. I am safe and I get to spend my life helping others, following Gods plan for me. Many others aren't so lucky. They never make it out and they never see love or enjoy there life. I want to continue to help as long as I can and follow Gods plan to help others and to be there as a shoulder to lean on for anyone that crosses my path. To show the the fathers love and to help them see there is Hope and there is a chance that life will move on from the past. For people like my parents that moment never came and though I will never understand it, I will move on and show Love and kindness no judgement, to every person I meet. You dont every know what battle they are defeating.


21 comments:

  1. Your post made me go all emotional....you have been through so much and that too with 4 children to take care of through it all...I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Sonia! I appreciate you always leaving such kind heart felt messages on my blog. You are so kind and loving, not to mention talented! I am going to follow you today now that I finally fixed my website!

      Delete
  2. Your story brought me to absolute tears. I can't imagine a life like that but you are all so strong, amazing, and inspirational women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing women, I have no doubt your story will help others. Hugs and prayers, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying like a baby but so proud of you and all you stand for! You are strong and you are a survivor! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words except love and peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you more strength and love and peace !!
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing what hides behind the door of a house. Your family is beautiful and looks very happy! Glad you found your parents and a man that loves you and supports you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot, I love your card and the sentiment is so perfect!

      Delete
  8. You can't see me but I'm reaching through the internets right now to give you a BIG HUGE WHOPPING HUG. Thank you for sharing your story, thank you for your constant support, and thank you for linking up your beautiful creations. You're an inspiration to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Being a survivor, I know how difficult it can be to open up and share the ugliness of domestic violence; and you are right, it does affect everyone involved. Thanks be to God, He has delivered both you and your mother from the hardships of the past and has brought you beauty and peace. Once again, THANK YOU for sharing something so personal with the rest of us. Although we are strangers, I feel like I already know you. Stay strong and beautiful my new friend! You are truly an inspiration!! Sending you great BIG HUGS!!!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiffani...I read your story with lumps in my throat and here I am sitting in silence praying for you a happier life now and forever. Although I don't know you but let me tell you I admire your bravery and courage and looking after four toddlers on your own and not a single moment forgetting your beloved parents! Your mother is beautiful and I think you have her feature :) This hop gives a chance for us all to reach out and I think it leads to our new found cuber friendship if you like that! I'm your new follower and thank you for visiting my blog twice and left some love. Thank you for sharing your personal life and may God bless you and your beautiful family. Hugs xx
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asmah,
      Thank you so much for praying for us! Honestly I would your friendship and I am still working on rebuilding my life. I must say it hasnt been easy. I have had many obstacles to overcome and some I fail at and just keep trying. Hopefully someday I will pull it all together and be able to say I am completely over it. NO more fear, no more hiding and no more anxiety. This year I didn' t make a resolution on weight loss or anything like that. I prayed for new friendships and good healthy relationships. So thank you for the prays and thank you for being my friend! I will be following you too
      Tiffani

      Delete
  11. Wow. Thank you for sharing your story. I can't even imagine. You are so awesome to go back for your parents. I'm so happy that your story has a happy ending.

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving kind words on my blog. :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Katy! going back for my parents is just merrily my Job as God intended it. it doesnt deserve rewards or graditude, it was just what needed to be done.
      I love stopping by others blogs and leaving love, you are very talented! i started following you too!

      Delete
  12. Yours is not only a story of courage and perseverance but a testament to love, hope and faith. Not only did you survive, you flourished. YOU are a hero, Tiffani. God bless you always.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyu so much Asma! the compliments man a lot to me and my girls. ps. i started following you now

      Delete
  13. I'm sorry for all you've been through. I had a family once. A wife and four girls and I put them through hell maybe because I wasn't happy and hadn't dealt with some personal demons but I've learned a lot and been through a lot in my past few years. I haven't seen or heard from any of them and maybe that's karma matter of fact I know it is. I was addicted to drugs and alcohol and I've since let that all go but I still pay for that. I've paid my debt to society also. I'm now much happier with myself but I know there's no way to make things go away like that and I will hold the regrets in my heart and mind until the day I die. I hope my girls where ever they are know I love them and not a day goes by I don't think of them. Today I ask for forgiveness where ever they might be and hope that somewhere out there they do remember the very few better memories that we had please don't let go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry for all you've been through. I had a family once. A wife and four girls and I put them through hell maybe because I wasn't happy and hadn't dealt with some personal demons but I've learned a lot and been through a lot in my past few years. I haven't seen or heard from any of them and maybe that's karma matter of fact I know it is. I was addicted to drugs and alcohol and I've since let that all go but I still pay for that. I've paid my debt to society also. I'm now much happier with myself but I know there's no way to make things go away like that and I will hold the regrets in my heart and mind until the day I die. I hope my girls where ever they are know I love them and not a day goes by I don't think of them. Today I ask for forgiveness where ever they might be and hope that somewhere out there they do remember the very few better memories that we had please don't let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure in her heart she forgives you, but there is just somethings that cant be forgotten. We have since moved many times to feel safe. Then we finally choose to move out of state. I guess after so much turning my head ands feeling unsafe in my own home. You have to do whats best. Im sorry this has happen to you and Im sure her intentions were in no way in regards to hurting you. I hope you find what you have been looking for in life and find a way to move on and enjoy your life. Making better choices is a good start. Much luck to you.

      Delete
    2. Im sure in her heart she forgives you, but there is just somethings that cant be forgotten. We have since moved many times to feel safe. Then we finally choose to move out of state. I guess after so much turning my head ands feeling unsafe in my own home. You have to do whats best. Im sorry this has happen to you and Im sure her intentions were in no way in regards to hurting you. I hope you find what you have been looking for in life and find a way to move on and enjoy your life. Making better choices is a good start. Much luck to you.

      Delete