tiffelijah

Monday, August 17, 2015

Word art wednesday and viva la verve

Happy Monday, fellow Crafters!
I am going to try and write a lot more on my blog, but know it is a challenge for me. I love writing but somehow I have lost my voice and I don't know where to go to change it, so i'm gonna start here.  I wanted to share something with you all.
My husband does restoration work and does board ups for fire, water, and tree damage. I spent this past weekend helping him clean out a total lose, It is extremely sad and frustrating, but in the end when he rebuilds the home, the rewards are great! He loves his job and I love what he does for the community. He has a way with people and helps them smile in times of sadness.
 I have been looking for ways to give back to these families on a more personal level and then it hit me. As, I was helping with furniture pieces and cleaning up stuff, I walked in the home to see a bible verse written on the wall in the soot. The family is so strong and inspiring. There was finger messages all over the house in the black dust....
The furniture is a complete loss but I think a few pieces are salvageable and I think I am going to re-due one of them with the beautiful verse the had on the wall.... 
TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART
PROVERBS 3:5

I also was at the store and found a year planner, pictures below

This picture is sideways, sorry! It is a wall were all there children and grand children's pictures sat, most melted, so instead they took them off and places there name and it say blank was here. so cute. I wish I had a better picture but it was pitch dark and hard to see what I was pointing at.

This was the dining room entry way and the two pieces here are not fixable,


This is the dining room were the fire started  just outside of it. Someone had actually removed the brick flooring and placed the table back right were it sat before. It was a wonderful picture to see the family was okay and this is were they ate all the dinners together and spent family time. Though about how I could try and fix it but it is past fixing also.
 I do have several pieces that I plan to try and fix, to be continued! I thought it would be nice that at least if there is one salvageable piece, I could leave it there after it has been rebuilt and leave these pictures and the journal that matched the bible verse they were holding onto during there time of weakness and they needed all the strength they could get. End it in pictures for a new year in planner in there new home and a fresh beginning where they can stand strong together.

I also made a card today for WORD ART WEDNESDAY
Verse
52:7 Isaiah
I sent it too a friend I had in jr.high. I decided that I need to build friendships this year, near or far. New or old. She posted something that made me think last night, to pick up were you left off, its never too late to start doing what you love. I love cards, I love singing, writing, and I love making people smile. So I got her address and sent her a thank you card and a birthday card because it so happen to be her bday today.
This card is also for VIVA LA VERVE WEEK 1

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card and blog post! I think it is so inspiring what your husband does and I love that you too are wanting to give back to your community as well. Thank you so much for sharing your story and card with us today! As well as Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card and heartfelt post. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete